- Using the topics listed below, create a concept map. Feel free to add in concepts you find to be important/helpful, but minimum you must use the concepts identified in this assignment. There are plenty of websites that can help you design your concept map. A Google search like “concept map maker” yields several free sites that can help you design your concept map. I encourage you to explore the various options. You can also use Word, or another program, or draw it out and send a JPEG. It is also an option to create your concept map free hand. Your final product needs to be a Word, PDF or JPEG file I can access, so be on the lookout for that capability. Please don’t pay for a tool to use, there are plenty free sites out there.
Topics you must have in your concept map:
- Neurology/Cognitive Neuroscience
- Nervous system
- Brain structures & functions
- Development of the brain
- Experience-Expectant Plasticity
- Experience-Dependent Plasticity
- Classical Conditioning
- Operant Conditioning
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Token Economy
- Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports
- Social Learning Theory
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Observational Learning
- Gestalt Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Information Processing Theory
- Sociocultural Theory
Explanation of Concept Map (5 points)
- In addition to the concept map, write a paragraph or two describing the relationships between the nodes in your map. These paragraph(s) do not need to be extensive, although they do need to give enough information that demonstrates your understanding of the material. You do not need to cite any sources for this assignment.
- When your concept map and explanation is complete, submit them here. You may submit one file with both components of the assignment, or you may submit separate files of each.
Your concept map must show your understanding of how all the topics identified fit together. You may add topics if you wish, however, you must use all the topics listed in this assignment. There are no right or wrong answers. The goal of this assignment is to help you as a student piece together important ideas we have covered in class thus far and for me to be able to see how you are thinking about the information presented thus far.
The assignment is worth a total of 20 points (concept map 15 points (half point per concept); explanation 5 points).