CompetencyDetermine ethical, developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate assessment practices to promote positive outcomes for each child.ScenarioYou are a peer mentor in your program. You are reviewing the observation of Timmy that was recorded by your co-teacher to evaluate and determine ethical, developmental, culturally, and linguistically appropriate assessment practices. You plan to create a feedback document, or audio recording, or video recording to use during your next mentoring session to provide your co-teacher with guidance on their current assessment practices.InstructionsPart One: Review Observation Review the provided observation notes on Timmy. Part Two: FeedbackCreate a written feedback document, or audio recording, or video recording for the mentoring session that:
- Analyzes the child’s development within each of the PILES domains (5 total):
- Explains at least two of your state’s early learning standards to demonstrate alignment between PILES domains and the assessment practice.
- Determines at least one way the observation and assessment method used is aligned to NAEYC’s Code of Ethical Conduct for each of the following categories (3 total):
- Culturally appropriate
- Linguistically appropriate
- Describes at least one way the observation and assessment method should be modified to improve alignment to NAEYC’s Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Recommends at least one next step in assessment practices to promote a positive outcome for Timmy.
- Meets the general requirements:
- Observation focuses on factual information that can be seen and heard during the actual observation time.
- Provides at least one credible source in APA reference page.
- Provide a reference to your state’s early learning standards in the APA reference page (with website link).
- Uses professional language with correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Submit your feedback document for the mentoring session as a written document, audio, or video recording.
- If submitting an audio recording, please submit as an MP3.
- If submitting a video recording, please submit as an MP4 or if using Screencast-0-Matic (free resource) you can submit the URL link to the video.
- Please note that if you are submitting an audio MP3/video MP4 file that it cannot exceed 8 minutes.
- Audio Recording FAQ
- Screencast-O-Matic FAQ
- PILES FAQ
- Observation & Assessment in School of Education Guide
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.